12/13/07

Last of the Christmas Cards

These are the last two Christmas cards for this year. The first one is really simple but I like it. I stamped the verse, punched it out with the SU scallop circle punch and layered it on to a red circle and a green scalloped circle. The tiny holly stamp at the top is in one of the Papertrey Borders and Corners set and I added some dot sparklers for the berries. Tiny little buggers - that was alot of fun! I cut a piece of polka dot paper a little narrower than the card, stuck it down and popped the main image up on some pop dots - voila! Christmas card, done.


The tree is a Hero Arts stamp, embossed with Egyptian Gold and dot sparklers added for ornaments. I used an older Hero Arts stamp for the background of the main card - it's swirls and stars. The Encore gold ink takes a WHILE to dry (if it isn't embossed) but it is a wonderful gold ink and I use it alot this time of year. I only made a couple of these because I didn't really like how it turned out and couldn't figure out what else to do with it.

That's it for me today - I'm off to the grocery store for cookie ingredients. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas tree card, the embossing is to die for. Nicely done and welcome to the sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Christmas cards..the colors are so rich and elegant on that dark green one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.