12/22/07

Ribbon storage

A thought occurred to me the other night - why can't I store my extra ribbon the same way I store brads and eyelets? So, I tried it. I have alot of ribbon that I bought from my LSS and other places that didn't come on rolls. I had it stacked on top of my rolls of ribbon and it was just getting a little out of hand. I can't stand messy, things must be contained. I had some more of the little zipper bags so I gathered up my unruly ribbon, corralled it into the bags, punched a hole for hanging and Voila!, organized ribbon!



I hung the bags on binder rings and hung those from the ribbon rack using paper clips. Sophisticated, no. Functional, very. Now that I think of it I could have dispensed with the paper clips and just fastened the binder ring over the wire rack - duh! Ah well, it's done now and if I need to change it, I can certainly do that. I also moved my plastic boxes of stamps back to the shelves above my worktable, too. I just think they are better there, where I will see them (in my face!).

I do have a couple of more cards to post, but I need to give them to the recipients first, just in case they read my blog. All of my Christmas cards are in the mail and I have gotten some awesome ones lately, which I will have to photograph and post soon. Have a wonderful evening and I'll be back.....you've been warned.

15 comments:

  1. I do something similar with my ribbon only I use ribbon rings that are made specifically for this purpose. I bought a coat hook rack at target and hang all of the ribbon rings on it. I think it is the best for ribbon storage. I bought my rings at www.ribbonring.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a collection of ribbon! Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! I'd case it, but I don't have a door on my craft room :(
    Have a happy Holiday!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea! I'd case it, but I don't have a door on my craft room :(
    Have a happy Holiday!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea! A blog sister stopping by to share warm Christmas greetings from Florida.

    Rubber Hugs,
    Jan Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. never would have thought of that for storage tooo cool I like it.



    MERRY CHRISTMAS

    just a reminder I have a 12 days of christmas blog candy up. just a card but thought it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry christmas from your SBS sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous!! Jealous!!
    I am jealous!
    So nicely done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ribbon idea, nice. Thanks for visiting my blog!! ~misspriss

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, very tidy looking.
    I'm impressed.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ribbon organization is great! Love the little hanging bag idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! Love how you can see everything at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea!!! And all your ribbon is BEAUTIFUL!! And so nicely organized :-)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.