12/3/07

Sparkly Snowmen

Just a few snowman cards for Christmas. I had some help finishing these up from the kind ladies at Stamping Critique. I always have trouble with blue and white snowman cards and was about to just give it up and move on to red and green again, but they gave me some good ideas and I am happy with how they turned out. It doesn't show up in the photo but the snowman is embossed with my favorite Diamond Sparkle embossing powder and he is very sparkly! I put a line of glue on the curve where the papers join and sprinkled glitter on it to mask the edges and it is very sparkly, too. It seems that Christmas is the only time I use a lot of sparkle on my cards, I just can't get enough sparkle! I may make a few more and maybe even a couple using red and green with a different focal image. I made two of these to use up both pieces of the embossed image and it worked pretty well, I think. I used the Creative Memories wavy trimmer to cut the paper.


Stamps: Hero Arts (snowman), Verve Visual (verse), Papertrey Ink (scallop frame)
Accessories: Stardreams navy and white paper, Encore Blue Metallic ink, Judikins Diamond Sparkle embossing powder, Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder, Marvy scallop circle punches, Stampendous glitter, Creative Memories wavy trimmer.



4 comments:

  1. Really cute, love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how these turned out! Your original card was good- but these are even better ;)

    I'm glad you like Stamping Critique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your Christmas cards, and I do mean all, are just gorgeous, and some are so cute too!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.