1/11/08

Card organizer

This is a card organizer that made a few months ago with my Bind It All. I found the instructions on Colleen's blog Distinctive Touches but I'm not sure they are still there. Colleen said she got the idea from the tutorial that Beate Johns did on SplitCoastStampers.com here. She used a Rubicoil machine and I did have to modify the measurements a little for the Bind It All, in order to make the cover fit correctly. The flower is a Sizzix Bigz die that I absolutely love! The monogram is from the JustRite Monogram set that I found at Frantic Stamper. It is so much fun and so easy to use. The covers are made from cardstock and next time I would use something a little more substantial but this was basically an experiment (which worked out very well!). I think the DP is Basic Grey, but I'm not sure. After I took this photo I changed out the binding wire for a larger one because if I actually loaded it up with cards (in my dreams, that would require planning!) it wouldn't stay closed. I used a 1-1-4" wire, which seems rather large at first but it will enable it to close nicely when it's full. Next time I might try using a spiral coil binding, stretched to fit.


The inside pages are made from 12 x 12 Bazzill cardstock in different colors - I love bright and colorful things. Apparently I also love bright and colorful ink pads, as you can see in the background - and that's only a small portion of them!

This is the January page - you can see the calendar doesn't have dates on it, just lines to write birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and you can add your own dates to it.

It's not a difficult thing to make and would make a nice gift, filled with some cards.


9 comments:

  1. Jackie!!! This is GORGEOUS! I love that big bright flower...and the fun bright pages inside...just perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely fabulous idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! So pretty and useful too! I'm going to have to buy me a binding machine of somekind I guess! Oh darn! LOL
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Love how it turned out--pretty and useful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awezsome. This I am definitly trying, thanks fo rthe inspiration.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. this turned out beautiful.....wanna know something funny??? I have a box thats my card org, and its decorated with this same paper lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!! I want a BIA!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! That would make a fantastic gift from my grandmother. I can make cards for all of the family and already have them sorted by month and ready to go! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.