1/25/08

Coming back to life

I am slowly getting back to normal (whatever that means!) after a nasty bout with a head cold which turned into bronchitis. It seems like alot of people are getting sick this year and I wasn't lucky enough to avoid it. My DH said there were people at work with it, too - why don't they stay home and try to avoid spreading it??? It's called sick days, people! Ah well, being sick makes me appreciate feeling well again and I am looking forward to fully appreciating that very soon!

So, as promised a long time ago (or so it seems) here is my primitive photo shooting setup. The lamp on the right has a Reveal bulb in it and I know most of you will recognize the Ott Lite on the left. The shelf was where I had my little television that I never watched, so we moved it to the bedroom so I can fall asleep watching TV in comfort instead of in the living room chair and get kinks in my neck. The white board tacked to the wall is just the backside of a piece of matboard. If I want a black, or other color, background I can throw a piece of fabric over it and Voila! - new background.


I don't think I properly white balanced my camera before taking this photo, but with a little Photoshop help it turned out ok. The hearts and leaves are colored with H2Os and you can't see the shimmer but they are very shimmery. Love those H2Os! There are 12 new colors, too, just so you know:-) I used my one lonely set of Nestabilities for the scalloped rectangle. I am trying to resist buying any more and so far, so good! The shiny dots are my usual Stampendous Dot Sparkler stickers, in pink this time. The verse is a Great Impressions stamp and the main image is Impression Obsession, embossed in a pearl gold powder.


It is a balmy 18 degrees outside right now and supposed to warm all the way up to 38 - yippee. I need to get groceries and am not looking forward to freezing my buns off (if only it were that easy!) so maybe I will treat myself to a visit to the stamp store and Michaels to make the trip less painful (sweetie, disregard that last sentence).

Thanks for hanging in there with me and I hope everyone is healthy, happy, and staying warm - is it springtime yet?????

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the Pink Stamper's blog candy. I am soooo jealous! I love this Valentine's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, so sorry you've been feeling ikcy! But glad you are on the mend! Your card is beautiful. Hey at least you have one group of nestabilities, I have none :( and I want some badly, must save my $'s!! LOL It's cold here in okc, ok too so I feel your pain. Also the sentiment stamp you used is gorgeous!
    Diane
    PS I think a trip to the LSS or Michael's would certainly be in order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also I meant to say thank you for showing us your "studio" area. I'm working on trying to take better card photos but I'm beginning to think my older camera maybe the problem. Thanks for sharing your setup.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are feeling better.
    Thanks for sharing your studio tips with us, and your beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better! Being sick is never fun.

    Thanks for showing us your photo station. It's neat to see!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you are feeling better!
    I love this card it is so pretty, I love the heart/flourishy stamp, it is just lovey and you have made a fantastice card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! I need to use my stamp like that. I really love the Great Impressions Stamp and I will resist. Thanks for showing your photo lab. It gives me some ideas of about doing one.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course anothe great card. Very pretty Jackie. I'm glad your on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty!! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and thanks for your comments on my blog!!! Hugs from the UK, Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and thanks for your comments on my blog!!! Hugs from the UK, Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card and thank for sharing how you take your photo's, I really want one of those Ott Lite's but they are so expensive here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for showing how you photograph your cards. I need to find a spot to do that too. beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that your feeling better! Thanks for showing us your set up. Trust me, it's not primitive ~ you should see mine!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card - I think you've given me your cold - aacchooo LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful !! Thanks for visiting my site too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing great tips ,
    sorry to hear you have been poorly ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your photo setup -- and the card with those yummy Nestabilities..... I've been trying to resist but.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear your getting better - may it continue! Hope you were able to get some fun stuff at Michaels ;) Pretty V-Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...this is Amazing!! Love your creation's.

    ReplyDelete
  21. glad to hear your feeling better, we've had a lot of it as well in the UK!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you are feeling better...this card is beautiful. love those framed flowers. And thanks for the peek at your studio light!

    ReplyDelete
  23. glad your feeling better!!! I love this card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a good photo, I have been having trouble with mine, thanks for sharing :) Your card is gorgeous - I can see me NEEDING those fabulous Nestibilities pretty soon!
    Zee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you are feeling better. Wow what a set up to take photo's of your cards.. Very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty.......love the H2O's......I need to dig mine out, too! Hope you continue to feel better. It has been going around down here as well. We were with a large group of family/friends last weekend for a Mardi Gras parade and several of them have been VERY sick this week. My son included. Hubby and I seem to have been spared......this time! I am just know completely over the last 'bout! Get some more rest and STAY WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you feel better girly! I hear you about trying to get your pictures white...its can be hard, but I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty!! I love your studio. I do something similar with the Photo in a Box. I need better lighting, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.