1/7/08

I'm a big copycat!

I admit it - I am apparently incapable of any original ideas. Probably due to the fact that all of you other wonderful bloggers out there have so many great ideas and projects that I don't need to come up with one of my own :-) . And since I am out there browsing other creative blogs I don't have the time or brain power left to come up with any original ideas, so there. Ha. That being said, here are some calendars I made based on a design I saw on Splendiferous Creations:






I used a Hero Arts alphabet set and the circle stamp is from PaperTrey's Borders and Corners set. Since my name begins with "J" I tend to judge an alphabet set based on that letter and most of them have horrible Js! The look nothing like a J but more like a T usually. This one is perfect, as you can see. I gave these to my Friday Night Stamping Group ladies at our annual Christmas dinner/Yankee Christmas Party last week. For those who may not be familiar with a Yankee (no offense intended) Christmas Party it goes like this....

Each person brings a wrapped gift. You draw numbers and the one with #1 goes first, of course. They also get to go again at the end. So, #1 chooses a wrapped gift and opens it. Then the person with #2 can either take the gift from #1 or choose another wrapped gift. IF they take #1's gift, then #1 gets to choose another wrapped gift. And so it goes on...and on....and on. Supposedly after a gift has been taken from 3 people it is considered "dead" and must remain with the person that has it. UNLESS......oh, I forget what the unless is. It's all very complicated but a whole bunch of fun. I have also heard it called a Chinese Christmas Party, a Crazy Santa Party and a Dirty Santa Party. I'm sure the rules are different everywhere. At any rate, we all had a wonderful time, ate alot of delicious food, and went home with fabulous gifts.

Today I worked on Thank You cards and will post those after they have been received by the lucky recipients, so as not to spoil the surprise, of course.

FYI - If you are anywhere in the vicinity of Mooresville, NC and "need" some stamping stuff, Stamper's Alley is having an awesome sale through the end of the month. Check the website for details.

That's it for now and maybe by next time I will have had a fabulous new idea and post something never before seen! I wouldn't count on that too much, but stranger things have happened!

18 comments:

  1. WOW - these are adorable. Sounds like your party was a lot of fun. My name begins with T and I feel the same way about T's looking like F's in some alphabet sets!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may be cased but they are still AWESOME!!!
    I have been trying to get motivated to make a desk calendar, maybe you've succeded where others failed.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! They look FANTASTIC! I'm sure the loved them.

    Hugs,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your calendars! We live about 15 minutes from St Augustine! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have bookmarked yours so I can revisit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow fantastic work ,love your calendars ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great calendars. so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by Travelingmama! The calendars are so cute! And I love the stamp with your name. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These calendars are great, it takes talent and creativity to case, you done good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The calendars are great. I spend way too much time on other peoples blogs too, then I buy everything to make these wonderful projects. You are not alone. Lol,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all like that....I love to case others work...Love what you did with the Calenders....(((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them! They would be great little gifts!
    TFS!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who needs original ideas when someone else has done all the work?? Heehee!! These are awesome and I love the monogram idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These came out great! CASEing is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are super sweet!....and WHAT A GREAT gifty!!!What is it called when you CASE a CASE???....I"ll have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jackie!

    I LOVE these!! You did a GREAT job! And that's the nice thing about the web...there's just so many wonderful resources for sharing of ideas!!!

    =) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, yours are way better than mine. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea... now if only I could get motivated and do mine to look as good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These calendars are fantastic, I like the way you added a letter to personalize them, great gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.