2/16/08

Clear stamp storage

I have aLOT of clear stamps and found that I didn't use them as much as I'd like to because of the way I had them stored - in CD cases, front and back. I know that works for many of you, and it did for me for a while as well but I think this might work out better for me now. 2 notebooks (for now - I will need more at some point, I'm sure!) with clear medium weight page protectors in them.


I put double sided tape on the front of the index and attach them to the back of the page protectors. Since the page protectors are clear I can see them images quite clearly. I punch some cheap white cardstock with a 3 hole punch and put it between the pages so they would stick together and it also is easier to see the stamps.


I attached the tabs directly to the page protector with staples. If I had attached the tabs to the cardstock I wouldn't have been able to see then, since the page protectors are wider.


Am I addicted to cupcakes, or what?? And this isn't all of them - there are more and I have one more set coming in the mail soon, too.


The Papertrey stamps didn't come with an index sheet so I put black cardstock between the pages. I found it showed the stamps better than white. I also have more of these coming next week. They released 5 new sets the other day as well as matching paper, ink and ribbon and I had to have some :-). Not all, just some.


We are off to the movies.....enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I put my little studio g stamps in baseball card protecters in a binder like this.....I think I might need to put my bigs stamps in there too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great storage! I was wondering if you could share who makes the large set of cupcake stamps beside the hero arts set? I emailed you.

    Thanks!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, love it, mine are a bit unorganised at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - you are so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of that SU! tag punch-it is soooo useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow fantastic job on your organization

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards! What a great way to store your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to store your stamps, I use mostly wood block so don't think this would work.... LOL I do have a few acrylics though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi from Singapore!!!

    i *heart* your banner!
    and Wow! you have lots of stamps!!!
    they're all fabulous and what a great idea for storage :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW~! Your storage system is just WONDERFUL! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. I just started recently getting the clear mount stamps and I like your system. As my collection grows I think I will adopt your idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW very cool idea!! I use CD cases but they are quickly becoming unruly!!!! LOL Thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great idea jackie, i think this will make your stamps very easy to find and use!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment about my jewelry! I've been browsing your blog, and I'm enjoying all of your great cards. I decided to post on this particular entry b/c I also use a binder system. I just recently purchased my fourth, 2" binder and I'm realizing I need another one!! I'm definitely addicted to stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.