2/11/08

I'm not totally incapable...

of original designs! Unless I have seen this somewhere and just imagined that I made it up myself. Either way, I like the design. So much, in fact, that I made 3 - each just a tad different from the other. The large scalloped edge was done with the corner rounder with the guards off and the small scallops are done with a Carl rotary cutter blade.



These scallops are done with a Martha Stewart border punch. It also embosses but does it badly, unfortunately, so I just turn the cardstock over and use the bone folder to smooth the embossing out. HA! I purposely didn't add a sentiment of any kind to the front so I can put whatever I need for the occasion. See, I'm smarter than I look!


Speaking of scallops, have you seen THIS??? A new Fiskars border punch at CHA - how cool is that?? This one is coming to my house to live as soon as it is available, yes indeedy.



You might want to keep an eye on the Making Memories blog, too. They are at CHA giving you sneak peeks and every so often they make a post for a giveaway but you have to call in and be first in line. I just missed one tonight...*sigh*.

If you haven't seen what Papertrey is up to you really should go have a look. Trust me, you will like it! Can you say matching paper, ink and ribbon, along with some totally cool new stamp sets??? Uh huh. Go see. But shhhhh....don't tell you-know-who.

14 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie, I love the edges. A question about the one you did with your Carl cutter. I have wondered if you have to have a separate cuttling mat for each edge because of what happens to it over time?

    I love your cards.....as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute design - Love the new Fiskars too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable card lucky you with a carl cutter

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cutter is great... Oh the things you could do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really sweet card. I've never seen that exact design, so it looks original to me. Yeah, my Martha Stewart scallop punch does the same so-so embossing, but most of the others are great! The one that bugs me is the scalloped heart with tiny dots also punched out. The edge of the heart doesn't punch through all the way, but all the stores are out of them and I don't expect to see them again until next Feb. I'll make do until then because it's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty card, I love that punch

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have great ideas Love these cards very original.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love them. They are fresh and neat.
    Great work!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie - you've been given an award - check out my magickdiva blog for more infor! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty colours and I LOVE the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those cards and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i cant wait till this punch comes out!!!!!!!!!!! I love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great Jackie. Love the layout and those flowers look fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.