2/18/08

Springtime weather

The weather has turned warm-ish today and in honor of that I thought I'd post a few more Spring-like cards:


Stamp are from SU and Stampendous and I'm sure most of you will recognize the scallop punches - Marvy, not Nestabilities. I have been successful at resisting buying any more of those (I have the large scallop rectangles only) so far.

While we are on the subject of buying more stuff....is it just me or are you all finding yourselves wanting more new things because of what you see on the blogs? Before I discovered blogs I would see a new stamp or tool on SCS, at my LSS, or in a magazine but there just didn't seem to be all that much new and cool. Now I find something I *need* 3 - 4 times a week. I can usually talk myself out of it if I wait long enough by finding something I already have that will work as well, or just taking a long, hard look at whatever it was I *needed* and realizing that as cool as the project made with it is, I probably would not use it that much anyway. I look around my craft room and (sweetie, don't read this!) I have SO much stuff and alot of it I rarely use. But when I need a flower or ribbon or other embellishment for a project at least I have it (can you say justification??), right? My DH is so sweet about it, too, and never gives me any crap about buying one more thing.

The Internet is like the rack of stuff by the checkout counter in a store - it makes impulse buying easier, don't you think? One click and it's in your shopping cart - I wish grocery shopping was that easy! It also makes me want things more because I have seen something totally cool done with those products. Which is, I suppose, the whole point if you are on a design team or have your own company. I guess a little self control is in order, at least for me. Anyway, thanks for reading this far and I'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

I noticed the counter has gone over 2000 hits - thank you all very much!! - and I will be posting some blog yummies soon but I want to think of a different way of doing it rather than picking random comments. So stay tuned.

22 comments:

  1. Glad you are having spring like weather. It's absolutely freezing here. We have some really thick freezing fog. Brrrr. Glad I'm wrapped up warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in upstate NY and the weather was gorgeous here today, it truely felt like spirng. I like your spring card, very pretty and I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top card is sooo pretty!! I love the layout and the colours are GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty! You and spring get along just fine! I can tell! :) thanks for the well wishes for my back...it is feeling a bit better...so here's hoping for a good nights rest! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stampendous stamp and your use of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Cards Jackie.
    My PIF goodies arrived today. Thank you so much, you really spoilt me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cards are so pretty, they are giving me spring fever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards - I love the peach colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the colors in these are just gorgeous!!! ...and I completely agree with your analysis of the "need-ing" of more supplies - lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you chose especially the posies papers I already have it. My hubby put me on a budget and I was being sooo bad that I let him and am trying really hard to stick to it darn blogs JK LOL!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  11. No kidding about the buying thingy. Your cards are very springy and so pretty too! I am resisting all kinds of stuff. Have some finds to talk with you about on Friday though. Will send in an email.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah for spring. I love this layout never never never would have thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards! I don't really use these colors, but what you've done here makes me want to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very fun!! Love the combo and the layout! HAPPY STAMPING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy, yummy colors! I am so ready for spring and capris and FLIP FLOPS!! Very cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty cards. I am ready for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards make me long for spring. As I sit here looking at 1/2 inch of ice!
    Super great job!
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the layouts and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations on over 2000!!! I love both of these cards but the first one is so beautiful, it just really jumped out at me!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the lo of the first card.....its saved and ready to be cased :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.