5/1/08

Just a couple of cards

Yes, I finally got around to making a new card or two and actually taking photos of said cards! I have seen this color combination several times on blogs and other places, but it is not one I would have come up with myself. I like it, though, I think the colors go well together and it is bright and cheerful. I love that Doodlebug Sugar Coated paper that I used to punch the flowers out of, it is yummy!

glitterflowers

Recipe: Hero Arts Stamp, Nestabilities for the scalloped ovals, Cuttlebug embossing folder, and EK Success Corner Adorner punch. The flowers were punched out of Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coated Cardstock using a Marvy flower punch.

flapcard

This is a flap fold card and they are so easy to make! The instructions are on the Scor-Pal website and are so easy to follow! The card ends up being pretty small - 3-1/2" x 4-1-4" but it is the perfect size for a gift card. If you don't have envelopes to fit it, you can use this trick by Julie Ebersole for making a square card fit in an A2 envelope (to avoid extra postage) and just adapt it to this small card. There are also instructions on the Scor-Pal website for making your own envelopes of any size and I made one just to test it. I made it out of some really hideous old paper that I had so I won't post it, sorry, but it was really easy to do - even if you don't have a Scor-Pal (you don't???? why not???). I am not sure of the postal regulations on size (guess it matters to them - LOL!) so check before you send one out.

Recipe: SU stamp and label punch, flowers (Wilton) from AC Moore (yes, AC Moore, not Michaels) in the bridal section, Making Memories magnets for closure (those puppies are strong!), patterned paper by Karen Neuberger, blue paper is Bazzill, button and bling flower by Hero Arts, ribbon from Hobby Lobby.

I hope you enjoy your day wherever you are - it is a beautiful spring day here in sunny NC and I get to go out in it and go grocery shopping. I can hardly contain my excitement. I'm just kidding - I am just glad to be able to get out and be fortunate enough to be financially able buy groceries these days - there are so many that can't. Be thankful for the small things in your life, they are what make it enjoyable.

Party on, people.

6 comments:

  1. The pictures aren't showing :-(

    They sound beautiful from your descriptions! I'll check back later and see if the pictures are showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful...the Karen paper is so soft & pretty, I am really into polka dots right now!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best of both worlds! One is so soft and soothing and the other is so bright and cheerful! TFS, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these especially the polka dot flap card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors of the first card, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.