2/20/09

A New Trend?

I have noticed a fair amount of bloggers are decorating the inside of their cards lately. In fact, a woman brought some cool ones into Stamper’s Alley a few weeks ago that were all decked out on the inside, too. The advantage I can see immediately is less room to write, less white space to fill up. While some may see this as a disadvantage, I think it is a good thing. By the time I am through making a card the last thing I want to do is to use what little brain matter I have left to come up with something witty and/or inspiring for the inside.  I realize that may sound cold and uncaring, but I am not the only one, I’m sure. Admit it, people. Don’t you think we need more “inside the card” stamps……manufacturers, are you listening?

So, in light of what seems to be a growing trend, I thought I’d try my hand at it. Here is my first attempt:

First the outside:

feb_09 005-1

Then the inside:

feb_09 006-1 

meh.

So, I tried again:

The outside:

feb_09 007-1

The inside:

feb_09 008-1

Much more better (I know, not proper grammar, but I don’t care).

This card idea (at least the outside) was stolen from inspired by this card by Stacey on Rebel Inker. She does some of the coolest stuff and I was just fascinated by this card so I had to try it out for myself. I added some Shimmerz to the flowers and Stickles to the flower center for a little bling. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set. I really enjoyed making this flower (ok, half of a flower) and you may be seeing more of these in the future. If you decide to have a go at it I’d love to see your finished cards. Leave a comment here or send me an email with a link to the card.

I will leave you with an LOLCat:

funny-pictures-your-cat-spent-the-night-outside

7 comments:

  1. I love your cards - both of them! But the cat made my day! Just started snowing out here - my lucky kitties do not go outside so no chance I'd get a picture like that! Love it! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! That flower is awesome? that's made with the oval punch and a scorer, right? Might have to case that! Its very springy, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! That flower is awesome? that's made with the oval punch and a scorer, right? Might have to case that! Its very springy, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE your blog! LOVE your sense of humor, LOVE your work! This card is amazing, and I case very few cards, but this one is a must case! You did a fabulous job on it! Great Job! I've added you on my side bar of my blog so that hopefully more people will come take a look at your awesome stuff! Love the cat cartoon too! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you and that poor cat!~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards look fantastic! I like how you decorated the insides too!

    PS thanks for the lol moment about the cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.