9/7/09

Crocheted Flowers

These first two cards were made a couple of months ago but I never got around to posting them. I really enjoy making these little flowers and wish I had a larger variety of colors, but the cotton yarn I use for them isn’t available in too many colors, at least not locally.

july09 016

Hero Arts stamp, BoBunny paper, May Arts ribbon.

july09 017

Hero Arts stamps, the grass was made by just cutting into the paper with scissors.

These cards are an absolute CASE of this one I found on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. There are so many talented card artists there, and lots of inspiration to be found!

Aug09-001

The stamp is a new Hero Arts Cling. I inked it up with Ranger Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint on the left, Broken China and Shabby Shutters on the right) and stamped it on to watercolor paper. I used my waterbrush to move the ink around to the spots that didn’t stamp, because the watercolor paper is so bumpy it’s hard to get an even impression. That’s one of the good things about the Distress Inks, being able to move the color around after you stamp. It works really well on watercolor paper, but I haven’t had much success doing it on regular cardstock.

The verse stamp on the card on the right is one from the dollar bin at Michael’s, colored with Prismacolor pencils.

I have some Fall cards ready to post and will get them up in the next day or so. I hope everyone is having an enjoyable Labor Day weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love making these flowers, too. I am using up my DMC floss that I have in every color ever made. I think I need a smaller crochet hook, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers you crocheted are beautiful - so neat! Also liked the hero arts cards - nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful crocheted flowers....seeing them makes me want to hunt up my crochet hooks. I have some pretty cotton thread in the attic somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crocheted flowers are so sweet, and add so much to the feel of a "special" card. I'm especially excited about your Hero Arts cards! I just bought this stamp and am so excited to see what you did with yours! I bought it to use especially for a technique called "Joseph's coat" that I saw on SCS. I love what you did with yours! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. these hero arts cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.