5/18/10

Slacker

Yes, I am a slacker. I spend so much time browsing other blogs and galleries that I don’t take the time to keep my own blog updated. Lousy excuse, I know, but it’s the only one I have. If any of you are still out there, thank you for hanging in there with me. I won’t make any rash promises about updating more frequently because I don’t like making promises I can’t keep.

I did take some time the other night and make some cards for Operation Write Home.

I found this design on the Hero Arts Flickr Group and fell in love immediately. I used different stamps and had to do it in more than one color, as usual.

006

Stamps – Hero Arts (flower), PaperTrey (sentiment), Cornish Heritage Farms (background). Ink – Hero Arts Poppy Chalk ink. Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Ice White for flower centers.

007

Stamps – Hero Arts (flower), PaperTrey (sentiment), Cornish Heritage Farms (background). Ink – Hero Arts Iris Chalk ink. Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Ice White for flower centers.

008

Stamps – Hero Arts (background), Memory Box (flower), PaperTrey (sentiment). Ink – I’m not sure. Hero Arts gems for flower centers.

Here is a close-up of the pearl pen on the flower centers – I love these pens. They are super easy to use and settle out into nicely rounded domes without any of the sharp tips that other dimensional paints can leave. I even colored some with a Copic marker and it didn’t seem to do any damage. These are straight out of the bottle, I didn’t add any color to them.

020

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful week! I will be back soon with more, so don’t write me off just yet, ok?

4 comments:

  1. I really like these, they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are all lovely! I like the idea of making a set using different colors and similar design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, gorgeous cards. These are just stunning. The colors you used are so beautiful and the detail is wonderful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great sets too! love the simple design that packs a big impact! will have to remember this LO to make some for teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.