7/9/10

As CAS as I can manage

There are a couple of blogs that I follow that feature CAS (Clean and Simple) card designs and try as I might I cannot be happy with too many of my attempts at CAS. I don’t know if it’s guilt over not using more of my embarrassing collection of supplies on a card, or if it doesn’t take as long to create a card so I feel like I am cheating, or if CAS is simply not my personal style. I certainly do like the cards I see on those blogs, though. Clean and Simple Designs is one and Simplicity is another. See what I mean? Beautiful cards!

Here is one attempt. Hero Arts cling stamp (I forget the name) and the sentiment is Papertrey (another one that I use a LOT!). The image is stamped onto Hero Hues layering paper and embossed with white powder. Bingo. Done.

july2010 014

Same idea but with a little bit of decorative paper on the left and a few more gemstones. But I restrained myself before I added ribbon. Or flowers. Or any more layers. That’s progress. Right???

july2010 007

I really do enjoy one making layer CAS cards and will make more, I’m sure. There are so many images that are well suited to this kind of design. I think I might need some more colors of embossing powder, though. :-)

DH has a birthday today and I have his card all finished but I can’t show it to you yet. I meant to take a picture before I sealed it in the envelope but that didn’t happen so I will get that done later today. It is a bit outside the box for me and I have to say that I am very pleased with it. I will tell you that it is not CAS at all! I am also working on more cards for OWH and thinking about putting some in an Etsy shop, but I’m still mulling that one over. Do any of you have an Etsy shop - what are your thoughts on that? Worth it? Pain in the neck? Gimme the scoop.

I am also getting a little antsy about doing a redesign of my blog but am afraid of losing all of my links and gadgets. I would not be happy!So if you stop by one day and it looks awful you’ll know what happened.

3 comments:

  1. These are both so pretty! I have trouble with CAS - it takes more work than adding and adding until it's finished.
    No Etsy shop for me but I understand it can be a lot of work. Good luck with whatever you decide. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration to me today!!! I love this too. I never think about using white embossing powder, but it gives such a beautiful effect. I love your two cards and I think you do a marvelous job with CAS! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, love the white embossing on that card stock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.