7/8/10

More Hugs

Can you tell I like this sentiment stamp? Well, I do like it a lot, for several reasons. When I am making cards for Operation Write Home and need an affectionate, but not too smoochy-kissy, sappy kind of sentiment this fits the bill perfectly. When I am making cards to have on hand for some unforeseen card-sending occasion, it also fits that bill. Someday I will move on to another sentiment but for now this is working for me, most of the time. I also like it because it is a large stamp and can fill up some space on the front of a card. I bet you’ve seen it so much on my blog I don’t even need to tell you who makes it, do I? Ok then, I won’t.

july2010 013

I found a couple of sheets of the Basic Grey Kioshi paper at AC Moore one day and I am trying my best to use the paper I buy rather than hoard it. Not easy, I know! But very satisfying. Try it sometime. Just repeat after me – it’s only a piece of paper, it’s only a piece of paper, it’s only…..you get the idea.

I used a Fiskars border punch for the ribbon threading border and I wish someone would make an adjustable one so the holes could be spaced out differently depending on the size of the paper. See how the ribbon goes over the front at the bottom and under at the top? Phooey. I could have made a larger card, I guess, but A2 is the size I am most comfortable with. I tried several different sizes for the ribbon threading part and none of them worked any better so it is what it is, peeps. I’m open to suggestions.

The scalloped border is an EK Success border punch – I do love those punches. I won’t even tell you how many of those I have, no matter how much you torture me. It’s embarrassing.

That’s it for today. Thank you so much for stopping by and I really appreciate your kind comments. Truly, I do.

4 comments:

  1. I really think this is great! Love the scalloped and ribbon border. Some how when I use the ribbon punch it always ends up this way too. Hope somebody has some hints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that sentiment, too....it says something nice, and the fonts are so pleasing. Keep on using it, all your results are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could cheat with the ribbon! Do it with 2 pieces, starting on both ends and meet under the sentiment panel. No one will ever know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, you are a genius! I never though of that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.