7/7/10

Sending Hugs

On the way home from our little trip to Wilmington we came back through Raleigh so I could stop at Archiver’s. DH is good that way – he rarely minds going out of our way to take me to a stamp store, isn’t that sweet?

Anyway, I saw a card there that I wanted to make. Did I take a photo of it? Of course not. I thought I could remember it. Uh huh. After searching the Ideas section of their website for an hour I finally found it. I did, at least remember which Hero Arts stamp sets they used and added those to my collection once I got home. Stamper’s Alley is THE best place to shop! Ok, I did get a couple of things at Archiver’s but only stuff I can’t get here.

I’ll quit yapping now and show you the cards.

july2010 011

These little green dots are made with a Viva Decor Paper Pen. They aren’t really pens at all, but tubes of paint-like stuff. The Paper Pens are not shimmery like the Pearl Pens are but this green matched so well I chose to use the non-shimmery stuff this time. I really like the way they just even out and don’t leave little tips on the dots like some other dimensional paints can.

 july2010 012

No Viva Decor here, those are Hero Arts gemstones for a little bling on an otherwise plain-Jane card. Sometimes plain-Jane is good.

july2010 015

Stamps: Hero Arts clear sets - Real Flowers, Speckled Ornaments, and Truly Appreciated Ink: Hero Hues Soft Purple and Soft Leaf, Memento Rich Cocoa                                   Other: Viva Decor Paper Pen, Martha Stewart border punch (pansies, I think), Hero Arts Gems

5 comments:

  1. Jackie, these are gorgeous, both of them! I love both those sets of stamps and they are wonderful together. Must play with this idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful - love these 2 sets together! So glad you shared these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely, great colour combo and attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I almost always bring my camera to my LSS (yes, it's legal) because every time I KNOW I CAN REMEMBER the samples, I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, the card is gorgeous! I love purple and green together. And that Viva stuff is awesome. Before I read what you wrote while looking at your photos, I thought to myself "Wow, that was a lot of work to put all those brads on there!" LOL They really give a great effect. The background is really pretty too! Beautiful card! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.