12/22/10

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Since I finally got my cards in the mail yesterday and gifts wrapped and under our little tree today! Procrastinate? Me? Pfffftttt. I am right on schedule. If by schedule you mean get it all done at the last possible second.

I thought I would share a couple of the cards since I did remember to take photos before mailing them this time. My daughter and I had a lot of fun, and several hysterical moments, making some of these together.

I loved these snowmen from Stampendous the moment I saw them and loved coloring them, but coming up with a way to use them on a card was a little more challenging since I am not good with scissors. I thought he turned out well, though, in spite of my poor scissoring (is that a word?).

He is colored with Copics, the swirl background is a Hero Arts cling stamp called Magical Background, stamped in white Memories in and cut with a Nestabilities die. A few punched glittery snowflakes, some glitter on his hat and scarf, a little ribbon and he’s ready to go!

004

I saw a card very similar to this one on someone’s blog and wanted to give it a try. The background is a Hero Arts cling but I don’t know the name, it’s got musical notes on it. The sentiment is also Hero Arts and the paper is probably Memory Box. I die cut the main image with a Nestabilities die, then traced around the outside of the die and cut the red mat by hand. They don’t layer closely enough together for me – I really wish they would make intermediate dies for a lot of these.

017

My daughter made this one – isn’t he adorable? She is becoming a wonderful stamper, I am so proud! It’s a Penny Black Christmas kitty, colored with Copics. Polar White Flower soft on his hat, the tag is a Nestabilities die and S.E.I. paper for a background.

022

That’s all I have for today but I promise to be back later on with more cards. They are predicting a possibility of snow on Christmas Day here – I have my fingers crossed. I’d love a white Christmas this year!

1 comment:

  1. I love them! You're so talented. I see where Geoff gets his artistic/creative side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.