12/24/10

The last batch

I know we are all probably a little tired of looking at Christmas cards by now but since I procrastinated so long in getting them finished it is taking me a little longer to get them posted.

My daughter made the first two :-) This one is a Penny Black snowman from last year and I just love this little guy! She colored him with Copics, added some black stones for his buttons, a glittery snowflake and some pretty glittery patterned paper for a background.

020

It’s Fluffles, in trouble again, apparently. She colored him with Copics, put some Stickles on the ornaments, punched the edge with a Fiskars border punch, added a little ribbon and made an adorable little card!

021 

This is a take on a card I found on a someone’s blog, too. Their card was done using Fall colors and I changed it up for Christmas by using the holly punches and a red & green theme. The squares are punched out of white Bazzill, layered with red and green behind the negative space, then layered onto the opposite color. I popped them all up with foam mounting tape, added a sentiment (Hero Arts) and some ribbon. The edges are punched with a scalloped border punch, used some Hero Hues metallic doodads for berries on the green holly and red rhinestones on the red one.

 027

I am in love with this paper! There is no stamping at all on this card. The background is paper from the Basic Grey Jovial collection, and the strip is from a paper pack, but I’m not sure who makes it. It was left over from last year, but goes so well with the BG paper. The flower is die cut out of wool felt using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Sizzix die. The leaves are also wool felt, cut with the PTI Dahlia die. I needed a gold brad for the center, so I covered another color brad with gold embossing powder, heated it up and Voila! Gold brad. I was amazed. I have never tried it before, but that’s definitely a tip I will keep in mind.

029

Same paper, same Sizzix die but I used card stock this time and Prima lace on either side the green strip. Gold pearls for the center of the flower and the sentiment is Hero Arts, from a clear set I had last year.

030

I added Prima holly leaves and used a Martha punch for the borders this time.

031

Another CASE of a card I found on Joy Taylor’s blog, almost an exact copy, in fact. She is so talented! If you haven’t seen her work yet, you really should take a moment and hop on over there. Hero Arts stamps, the house is colored with Copics and the circle is sponged with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. A little white string around the bottom, a few rhinestones and there you go!

2035

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful, Jackie. Hope you have had a Merry Christmas! How much snow did you get from this storm? I think we have gotten about 4 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super bunch of cards! I love the coloring on the first two but the Jovial ones are making me swoon! And I must get that die...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.