10/19/11

Adorable Owls

Recently I was in need of a couple of small gift boxes to hold a couple of pairs of earrings I had made for friends’ birthdays (yep, forgot to photograph the earrings). I have some of the silk pouch thingies and those work fine, but they were kind of big for such a small gift. Then I remembered seeing these adorable things:

IMG_2473

I found them on this blog. They are made using the Sizzix Pillow Box die and some punches. I have the die, and we all know I have some punches! So, I came up with these little guys:

099100

Aren’t they just too cute? They are much easier to make then they seem. I use a 3/4” punch for the circles, applied a bit of glue to the top half and glued them down. The wings are made using an oval punch and the beak is a long, skinny heart punch. The feet are actually flowers. The Sizzix die is hard to fold so the top and bottom are a wee bit crinkled (hers look a lot better!), but next time I will use my Silhouette to cut the pillow boxes. It puts perforations where the box folds and it is so much easier to assemble.

Here are the only punches I used for these:

102

The one on the top left is 1-1/4” EK Success punch and the oval is a Stampin’ Up punch, but I also have some oval Nestabilities that would work just fine. The smaller round punch is also by EK and it is 3/4”. The heart is from eMaginations, a company that’s no longer in business, but it wouldn’t be hard to cut a beak without using a punch. I’m just lazy that way.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh@!! These are too too cute for words, Jackie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.