10/28/11

Happy Halloween!

At last, Halloween cards….done! But before I get to those, I have a question for you all. Do you ever get all of the stamps, embellishments, punches, paper, etc. out and in plain sight, then put off doing anything with all of it because you think you have plenty of time? Until you realize that the occasion for which you are making these cards is only days away? Please tell me I am not the only one. A few weeks ago I got all of my Halloween stamps, punches, etc. put out on my work table (aka the Hot Mess from the last post) and couldn’t come up with a good idea. I wasn’t worried - I had weeks to formulate the perfect design. Weeks! Nearly forever!

Then procrastination set in. I spent hours surfing the blogs and galleries, searching for inspiration. I did find a couple of things I liked, pinned them to Pinterest and kept on looking. I even made a few cards I was pretty happy with, but kept on surfing. Then….Look a squirrel! I took my eyes off the prize and got sidetracked with another project, which hasn’t gone any further for lack of the perfect stamp. The stamp with which the project was made is only available online and, luckily for me, is out of stock. But that didn’t stop me from spending precious time searching through my collection and trying to make something else work. But not to worry, I still had plenty of time to get Halloween cards finished. At least that’s what I thought….and then I looked at the calendar. Uh oh. How did it get to be the 27th already?? It was just October 12 the other day! Damn squirrels.

So, that’s my justification as to why my cards are a little less spectacular than I had originally planned. But I’m happy with the way they turned out. Have a look and see what you think…

2022

The house was cut with the Silhouette, the cloud, moon, bat, and ghost are punches. I put some gold vellum behind the windows, sponged a bit of Memento London Fog on the cloud and popped the house up on foam tape. The inside of the card is below. Since I feel like I got a little lazy with the outsides I decided to trick out the insides a little more than usual. The verse (it’s on the inside of all of them) is from Lizzie Anne Designs.

2013

Spellbinders die - no, actually it is a free Silhouette design I found online and I created the oval on the Silhouette to match the inside of the cut out. Hero Arts stamp, Memory Box and some unknown patterned paper.

2014

Inside. The scrolly things at the top and bottom are another Spellbinder lookalike Silhouette design, cut in half. I have the actual die, but used these instead - one of the Fancy Tags, either Fancy Tags Two or Three.

2021

Black suede paper punched with Martha Stewart punches, another Silhouette design, Just Rite sentiment, Basic Grey paper from an older 6 x 6 paper pad.

2016

Just Rite image, colored with Copics. Yep, more Silhouette stuff.

2017

This one is mostly patterned paper. I added the scaredy cat (Silhouette), the bat and the bit at the bottom - the pretty clouds, moon, etc. are all printed on the paper. I have no idea from whence it came or who makes it.

2018

The witch is a dollar stamp from the big M from several years ago, layered onto an actual Spellbinders label die. Same punches and paper as the other card above.

2019

Nothing new and different here, but I do like this one a lot.

2020

Inside. The Silhouette shape cut in half again. Same sentiment.

2023

Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings….it is late and I should know better than to try to write anything of value at this time of night, but I wanted to get this posted before Halloween was over!

Happy Haunting everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Um, no. I just get enabled by people like you to NEED all the Halloween punches and stamps and papers, then I never even take them out. Please, make it stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I'm in Halloween heaven. . .These are all wonderful! How fun, and I love how each is so different. You even take the time to decorate the inside. I'm usually so done with a card that I can't even think about doing the inside! LOL I am a procrastinator too, however, not with seasonal cards, but with cards for my Wednesday evening post. Then Tuesday afternoon comes and I'm still thinking, "Well, I've got all day Wednesday yet. . ." LOL I do find though that I work best when I'm up against a deadline. Wishing you a very Happy Halloween! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. How really fun and wonderful!! Love every single one of them. You have been busy. Hoping all is well with you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking in on you, but I see you are slacking again!!! LOL Hope you are doing OK. . .Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.