1/24/12

I never thought I would say this…

but I love glitter. Well, Glitter Ritz glitter, at least. Ever since I saw the sample at Stamper’s Alley I can’t stop glittering things, mostly the Maribelle Butterfly die cut from Memory Box. It is a huge die cut that takes up almost the whole card front, but with some glitter and a little Copic marker coloring….I am in love.

See what I mean? Just look at all that sparkle! How could I resist?

This is the one that started it all. I was going to save it as a sample of the Copic colors but decided to put it on a card instead. I used YR18, YR15, YR38 and Y17, the Memory Box Ringed Buckle die and a stamp by Outlines from the Posy Greeting Centers set.

029

So I thought, why not try some blues and greens? I colored this one with Tombow markers 195, 133, 173, 452, 493, and 451, and added a few gems and pearls here and there.

030

More blue and green with Copics again - B05 and G05, I think - I forgot to write them down. Sizzix embossing folder, no bling.

butterfly3

Copics BG01 and YG01 for this one, and a little blinginess. I’m still working on randomly placing the gems and pearls. I’ve seen it on a lot of cards lately and I love the look, but it’s not as easy to achieve as one might think. I think I like this look best, it’s a little more subtle.

butterfly4

I did have a little help with these photos. My trusty assistant, Sheldon, was giving me photo tips. He’s such a helpful kitty.

kittyhelp

Thanks for stopping by and I have an organizational post for tomorrow. Or maybe today. You never know.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving your glitter those cards are wonderful! Wish I was closer to Stampers Alley so I could get some :(. Sheldon looks very helpful and looks like he is really growing. Lucky Kitty. I am really drawn to the vivid blues and greens, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!! - these are absolutely gorgeous!!!! Good to see that Sheldon is pulling his weight. Harold and Maude could take a few lessons from him. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards!
    Love the glitter & your assistant Sheldon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.