1/11/12

A long forgotten project

Several years ago I begged for a Pro-Click binding machine, and I got it! I had big plans for it - making handmade journals to sell at craft fairs, to give as gifts, etc. I did a little bit with it, a few small books, I think, and then it was forgotten as soon as the Bind It All came along. The BIA was cool for a while, too, but those O-Wires were annoying to work with so I sold it at the Stamper’s Alley Used Stamp Sale last year.

Last week I was looking through a box of dollar journals from the Big M and found a whole stack of colored notebook paper (and don’t ask me where I got that!) that I had trimmed and punched with the Pro-Click to make a handmade journal. I decided to finish that project - better late than never - and this is the result. I am quite pleased with it, if I do say so myself.

journal

The covers are chipboard, covered with patterned paper from Basic Grey’s Indian Summer collection. I added a scalloped border, some pearls and gems, and a felt flower with a button. The flower was made using PTI dies and the doily behind it is an MFT die. The ribbon down the side is some seam binding I bought at the CK Convention last year and finally was able to talk myself into cutting. I tied a ribbon to the top of the spiral coil for a bookmark and I was done. I did add a pocket inside the front cover but forgot to take a photo of that. I put the covers and pocket on with my ATG tape gun. Love that thing!

I prefer the spiral bindings to the wire ones and although I was able to stretch these to fit the BIA holes, I still prefer the round holes to the square ones. Odd, I know, but what are you gonna do? I have thought about getting the Cinch but I don’t really do enough binding to justify the cost so I will stick with this one for the time being.

It’s not as versatile as the other binding methods since you cannot choose which holes to punch or just punch a few at a time, but that’s ok.

I hope you all are doing well, and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I have a Cinch - it's still in the box! Bought it early last year and still haven't taken it out of the box. I have a BIA and have used it a little bit but the spiral binding looks so much neater to me. Is it easy to work with? ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jackie! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, this is awesome! Love that wonderful paper and the way you've embellished it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, pretty! I have a BIA, and had big plans to create mini-books to sell. Pffth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great! I love journals, I never seem to get around to making them. Keep on inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie,
    Such a beautiful bright journal! I love this type of project...something you can keep for yourself!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to come to my rescue regarding the problem I had with transferring my favourites. I'm not very technically minded, and I panicked a bit. But thanks to you I've now sorted it:) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.