2/8/12

A lesson in patience

This is another shameless CASE of a card from Lisa’s blog, I’m In Haven. I could, and do, spend hours pinning cards from her blog to my Pinterest page! This card took much longer than I had anticipated. My fault entirely. Before cutting the circle for the center I stuck the brown and white pieces together - good idea. I then proceeded to cut the largest circle first. Not such a good idea. Sigh. I tried again and cut the right size circle, but it was off center. Sigh. One more time and it was STILL off center. Big sigh. This went on for a while longer. Pay no attention to the fact that the sentiment is slightly off kilter - by that time I was SO done with this card. The only thing that was easy was die cutting the flowers. Sheesh! I have to say that I do love the way it turned out, though. Will I be making more of these? Probably not in the foreseeable future.
003
There are slight differences between my cards and hers, but very slight. I left off the twine on the sides of the center circle, used a different sentiment and the placement of the leaves on the corner flowers is different. I did finally discover that Colorbox Creamy Brown Chalk Ink is excellent for stamping an image on Kraft card stock. I tried several different inks before I got a look that I liked. Let’s hope I can remember that next time!
The flower and leaf dies are a set from My Favorite Things, the circle and scalloped rectangle are done with Spellbinders dies. I just punched circles from the same brown card stock as the rectangle for the flower centers. The sentiment (Hero Arts, of course) is stamped using Brilliance Chocolate ink. The background image is by Hero Arts, too.
I have some ideas percolating in my overcrowded brain and hope to have more to show you later this week. Please feel free to leave me a comment below, even if you just want to say Hi!

2 comments:

  1. this card is well worth all your effort, it's beautiful! Isn't Pinterest wonderful? I see a lot of wonderful cards thanks to your pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I just discovered Pinterest today for the very first time! Then I come here and you are talking about it. I need to sign up and find out more. Your card is wonderful. Let's face it. . .with all the millions of cards out there, even if we didn't case, ours would certainly look as if we did with someone's that we've never seen. . .Great rendition! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.