2/16/12

Variation on a Theme

Sometimes, when my mojo has taken a hike, I look at previous cards and change them up a bit, so this is actually CASE of a recent CASE. It’s not even changed up a whole lot.

You remember this card…

043 (2)

Well, here it is again, in a slightly different version:

IMG_0201

I used all three dies from the set this time. I’m not terribly happy with the placement of the flowers and if I make another one I will probably stick to using the same size flower for all of the cuts. The dots in the centers of the flowers are made with a black Pearl Pen because I used the last of my epoxy stickers on the last card. Those Pearl Pens are awesome! They settle right down into perfect rounded domes - I love it!

I also used the Pearl Pens and some Beads in a Bottle by Tulip (from AC Moore a while back) instead of gems because I didn’t have the matching colors in gemstones. Here’s a little close up of the lovelies.

IMG_0202

The red, green, and purple dots are Bead in a Bottle, and they are actually in a tube. The blue and yellow are Pearl Pens - Light Blue and Sunny Yellow. The stamp is the same Penny Black background and I cannot get it to stamp solidly on Bazzill paper to save me. But I love the texture of the paper so I just fill in the dots with a marker. It’s all good.

8 comments:

  1. I really like both versions but I think I like the second one with the different sizes of flowers. I am going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not only all good, Jackie, it's all fabulous! And I love the placement of the flowers! They look beautiful! Love both cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pritty you do such good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And I have a collection (hoarding is such a negative word) of those pearl pens, too. I was thinking I could fake the background wiht a marker and draw my own dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these! I think the placement is just fine. I LOVE that "Bead in a Bottle" stuff. Now I have to go in search of some. I think it looks better than liquid pearls. And what the heck is a Pearl Pen???? You've dropped some new stuff on me here! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this card (or one of them) on Pinterest the other day (my first visit there). I was stunned by it then. Made me do a double take. This is really outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like both of the and cant wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does the inside look like? How do you get the different colors of the flower petals?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.