3/16/12

More CAS Cardz

CAS seems to be my middle name these days. I feel a little guilty for not more of my collection of schtuff on cards, but these are so quick and easy to do I just can’t seem to stop!

I saw a tutorial somewhere…probably Pinterest…that used just the edges of an SU embossing folder to make borders like this on a card, and then I remembered….I HAVE border embossing folders! It’s been so long since I used them that I had forgotten all about them.

I did find a way to avoid getting the line from the edge of the folder, too. I bought some plumbers gasket at Home Depot, Lowes…one of those places, and cut it just a shade narrower than the folder. When I emboss I leave off one of the clear plates, otherwise it would be too thick to go through the Big Shot. After embossing with the folder I scored a line at the edge of the embossing with my Scor Buddy. I just added some patterned paper and a sentiment and that was that.

IMG_0217IMG_0220

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Hero Arts (top card) and Impression Obsession.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, these go into the "gotta try" category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Jackie! I'd love to see a picture of how you do this. I always get those ugly lines when I try it. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Jackie - love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie!
    I'm usually a lurker, but was wondering if you could be more specific about the plumbers gasket stuff!?
    It goes where? when you emboss?
    I don't use my borders enough, cause I don't like the line!
    I always admire your creations BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, we need a picture tutorial! I ALWAYS get lines with these things, so i never use them. Please enable us!!!

    PS: GORJUS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both, Jackie! And a great tip to use the plumber's gasket! Keep these CAS cards coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, I adore these cards! I, too, have the same border embossing folders...what a great way to use them along with some of my many patterned papers! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.