3/26/12

Up and Running Again!

The computer, that is, at least temporarily. I have to commend Dell for sending someone out to fix it even though it isn’t under warranty any longer. It wasn’t easy to get them to do it, but they did fix it. Thanks, Dell. It still has a couple of odd quirks, but there’s a new one on the way soon so this one will probably become our media server, because we have ditched DirectTv and are going with Netflix, Hulu (maybe), and will put up an outside antenna at some point, too. $100 a month with no movie channels and nothing on worth watching was just ridiculous. Cable isn’t any better, so at least this way we can watch what we want, when we want, without depending on some overpriced service to tell us when we should watch it! Less commercials, too. What’s not to like?

Anyway, I do have a few more cards to post. I love these new Hero Arts stamps and white embossing on Kraft seems to be my latest obsession. The background for the first one is the Magical Background by Hero Arts. I used Creamy Brown Colorbox Chalk Ink to stamp the background. I tried every brown ink I have (don’t ask how many that is) and even Versamark, and Creamy Brown gave me just the right amount of contrast without being overwhelming. These are so simple and quick to make. Add a few gems in the center of the flowers and a little ribbon and you’re done.

 IMG_0249

I left off the background on this one and added a squiggly border with a Signo Broad white gel pen. More gems and ribbon, very quick and easy.

IMG_0248

Different stamp (still Hero Arts), white embossing, colored with Tombow markers a la Julie Ebersole. If you have never visited her blog, I encourage to pop over and have a look around. She does beautiful work and her cards are not at all overdone with layers and layers of crap embellishments.

The markers work so well on Kraft card stock and although I do love my Copics they would have bled through and also colored the embossing. The white border is done with the white gel pen and a Tim Holtz ruler. Ask me how many I messed up before I got it right. No, never mind, don’t ask. I was able to salvage this one by overlapping the corners.

So that’s it for today, people. I hope you are all having some lovely Spring weather. Get out and soak up the sun! Party on.

6 comments:

  1. So glad your computer woes are handled and that a new adventure is waiting for you. New pc's are always a fun challenge. These are all just gorgeous!!!!! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, Jackie, but those starburst flowers really speak to me today, and I love your squiggly border and the bright cardstocks and ribbons against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love that first stamp! Now I NEED it! *shakes fist*

    In other news, two of my tweeps have started a Hero Arts challenge blog you might find interesting: http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.com/

    And yeah, I can't pay that kind of money for the privilege of having a TV with a signal and everything on when I'm not home, or not awake. Pffth. I watched Downton Abbey on Amazon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, and agree about the "crap' which is too much on most cards now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the over-embellishing!! These cards are gorgeous. Looks like I need to add some things to my wish list. I love Julie's blog too, especially all the "funnies" she includes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful!! Love that white on the kraft and especially favor the one that has yellow on it. So bright and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.