These are the last of the bunch. My daughter received her card so I can post it here now.
Innocent enough on the outside, right? I do love the little googly eyes on the tag, though. I wish I had used them on the others, too.
But when you open it up……
Spiders!! She hates spiders, she really, really hates spiders. So, why would I send a card like this to someone that hates spiders? I’m just contrary that way, I guess. She didn’t have a heart attack and was mildly surprised, so it’s all good. I found a tutorial for this technique, probably on Pinterest, but it was a birthday card. Phooey. Spiders are better. At least this time of year. Click here for the tutorial.
Burgundy Stickles are perfect for adding little red spots on the spiders, which were cut from suede paper using my Silhouette machine. You can’t really see the acetate strips, but that’s what is making them pop up. That’s a LOT of spiders, too. 2 of them on each strip, back to back. The Boo! was cut with Papertrey Ink alphabet dies.
Here is a closer view of the inside verse. It’s from a Darcie’s stamp set that I found at the Winston-Salem convention earlier this year. I added the spiders and cats using Memento London Fog ink.
This is the same card as one from the previous post, with a different color background.
I would have made more of these but that was the last piece of the green paper. I used suede paper for the scene, the bats and the witch. The spider brad is one I bought several years ago at a convention and have been hoarding. I still have quite a few, and will continue to use them sparingly, I think.
And last but not least, my favorite card of all this year. Yes, I am a copycat and copied Dixie’s card. I used different colors for the sky, left off the moon, added the tree, and mounted it on foam tape for dimension, but it’s pretty similar to her card. I also made some without the spooky tree, but apparently I have deleted the photos of those and they have all been mailed. I used the same Distress Inks for the sky – Broken China, Dusty Concord, Spiced Marmalade, and Rusty Hinge. The tree was stamped using Colorbox Blackbird Chalk Ink and it turned out much better than the one using the Versafine Black ink.
That’s it for my Halloween cards this year. I made envelopes for all of them using some 12 x 12 Halloween paper that I’ve had for way too long, and I will post those later. I used the new Scor-Envi thing with the new Scor-Pal and I have a few tips for using that, too. It is similar to the one that comes with the Martha Stewart scoring board, but the sizes with the Scor-Envi are accurate, unlike the other one.
I hope everyone came through the storm safe and sound, and I wish you all a very spooky and Happy Halloween.