12/6/12

Another Tonic Studios card

I decided to go with the traditional red and green for this one, along with a bit of bling here and there. I love a little extra bling this time of year, don’t you?

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set – Miracle of the Holiday, new this year.

holidaycheer

The punches I used are 954 Holly Accent and 941 Edger Punch 2, along with the Border System. All of the boot punches can be used on its own or with the Border System, as I did here, to create a continuous border.

It is a little difficult to see in the photo, but I punched the white card stock first, using the Edger Punch 2 and the Holly Accent punches. I punched some smaller circles out of Scor-Tape, adhered them to the back of the holly and added some green Glitter Ritz glitter. The Holly Accent punch also punches 3 holes for the holly berries but I couldn’t find a way to get red glitter onto them because they are so close and so small, so I used sparkly red stickers instead. Then I adhered the white piece to a piece of red card stock, punched another piece of red card stock with the Edger Punch and used the negative piece above the holly, which created the appearance of a partial circle around the holly. Since it is an edge punch, there was only a fairly narrow strip, so I added another piece of the same red card stock above it and covered the place where they’re joined with a piece of ribbon. The holly next to the sentiment was also made using the same punch, I just punched the holly from a green piece of card stock, adhered them with the Quickie Glue Pen and used the same red stickers for the berries.

The Holly Accent punch looks like this:

954_l

See how close the berries are? I suppose I might have been able to get red glitter in there if I had been very, very patient, but after 2 or 3 cups of coffee it just wasn’t happening.

I really do like these punches and the Border System makes it so easy to create a lovely border using the edge punches, accent punches the medium punches, or any combination of them. The punches are sharp and punch through Bazzill paper pretty easily, which is something most of my other punches do not do very well.

Again, thanks for stopping by and I will have more cards to show you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate anyone who can line up anything. The bling is perfect for the berries, too. They scream bling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.