12/5/12

Time to get started on Christmas cards

Thanksgiving is over and Christmas will be here before we know it. Last week the UPS truck showed up with a box full of new goodies from Tonic Studios for me and I got to work straight away creating Christmas cards with them.

I thought I’d have a go at a clean and simple design, and I think this one almost qualifies, even though it does have layers. I liked the first card so much I decided to create a set of 6, each one using a different punch and in a different color.

CardSet

Here are the individual cards and the punches I used for each one.

I tried and tried to get the gold to show up better on this one, but this is as good as it gets, I’m afraid. I used the Tsukineko Delicata Gold ink for the sentiment (from Papertrey) and it is so pretty in person, not so much here. The punch is the 911 Deer border punch – all of the punches are from Tonic Studios. The bit behind the punch is a Spellbinders die and the top squares are all popped up on foam tape to add a wee bit of dimension.

Reindeer

915 Sleigh border punch

Sleigh

992 Medium Snowflake

Snowflake

993 Medium Snowman

Snowman

908 Stocking border punch

Stocking

906 Christmas Tree border punch

Tree

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more Christmas cards using more of my new toys from Tonic Studios coming up soon.

3 comments:

  1. Perfection in their simplicity. I love the color behind the punches. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty collection of cards! I think the tree is my favorite. Or maybe the sleigh. Hmmm…they all work for me! I've heard about that Delicata gold ink. I may need to add that to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love these! You have a knack for creating clean and simple that comes out so beautifully. These are wonderful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.