3/17/13

A couple of birthday cards

I usually have a stash of birthday cards, but the stash has been depleted. My sister and a pen friend both had birthdays recently, so I fired up my mojo and got to work.

I love these Girlfriends stamps from Art Impressions! I made this one for my sister in Ohio. It’s colored with Copics and although you can’t tell from the photo, I added a little bit of glitter here and there with the Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pen.

DSCN3926

This was a belated birthday card for a pen friend. I had no idea when his birthday was, but in his last letter he mentioned celebrating it recently, so I thought I’d send him a card, even if it was late. I used the new Watercolor Wonder set from Papertrey Ink with Hero Arts Butter Bar and Green Hills Mid-Tone inks, and Memento Tangelo ink for the orange brush stroke. The sentiment is an old one from a Stampin’ Up set.

DSCN3901

Nothing terribly fancy or fabulous, but I did actually stamp something for a change!

Please stop by my other blog, Addicted to Pens and Paper, when you have time and leave me a comment now and then. I love hearing from you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hey There! LOVE those ballerinas! And the color you gave to the image is just beautiful. Your birthday card is another testament of how you are so great at CAS cards. Love that swish of orange! Hope you are well! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do love the ladies! Some day I'll break down and get them. And that ink splash card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.