3/5/13

Clean and Simple

Ok, maybe more clean and simple-ish. I don’t think I have posted these before, I’ve had them in my “To Be Posted” folder for a while. I have previously posted them just remember than with age comes forgetfulness, and please be kind :-)

I was playing around with my Fiskars border punch, the one that makes slots for threading ribbon – I don’t know the official name of it, and actually got one piece right. It can be difficult to get the slots to line up so that both ends of the ribbon go over the edge of the card stock at equal distances. What usually happens is one end goes over a little and the other one is way off. I got lucky this time, and I may have even kept a short piece to use as reference the next time. I wonder where I put it. I’m sure it will turn up someday. OR, and this thought just occurred to me as I was typing this… what if I punched the slots on a slightly larger piece of card stock and then trimmed it so the slots were equally spaced? That might actually work. I will give it a go and report back. Anyway, the bow was made using the Bow Easy and adhered with a glue dot. The butterfly is a Martha punch and I think the sentiment is by Hero Arts.

IMG_0337

Jennifer McGuire posted a card made with the die cut inlaid like this quite some time ago and I really loved the look of it. I added some double sided tape to the back of the negative piece and placed the die cut into it. I don’t have the card anymore, but it looks to me like I cut them from different colors and paper pieced them.

IMG_0348

Here are a few more Jennifer McGuire inspired cards, made with a Hero Arts clear stamp set, the name of which I can’t remember. I have thrown away the original packaging, too, sorry. The cards are Hero Hues – color on the outside and white on the inside, which I love. This was a fun and easy set to do, and since clean and simple seems to be my style lately, I’m sure I will be making more like this.

IMG_0351IMG_0353IMG_0352IMG_0355

Speaking of Fiskars (in the second paragraph, in case you’ve forgotten), I have the new Fiskars ProCision Trimmer and will be doing a review soon over on my Product Reviews page. I ordered mine from Amazon and had a bit of a problem with it, but Fiskars has excellent customer service and they are sending me a new one. As soon as it arrives I will fill you in on the details and let you know how I like it. Jennifer McGuire had a review on her website a last month and it looked like the perfect trimmer. Wow, maybe I should have titled this The Jennifer McGuire inspired post!

As always, thanks for stopping by and I’d love it if you would leave me a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I like the tone on tone cards bunches! I need to make some more of those inlaid cards too. I like the borders you added. My flower got lost on the card. Yours looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that Jennifer sure has us in her crafty clutches, doesn't she? I love all your J-inspired cards! I can never pull off the flower ones (she says as she's making a flower card).

    I got the Tonic guillotine paper cutter, and it's taking me a while to get used to it. It doesn't cut as nicely as my Carl, even if the Carl didn't cut as straight. Sigh. Reviews were about 50/50, so I'm giving the Tonic a shot. I look forward to your review.

    And about those border punches? I either start in the center and work out to each side, or else I do what you suggested and punch a larger piece, then trim. Or go for asymmetric and say "I meant to do that". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.