Jennifer showed us how to tone down the look of patterned paper by clear embossing a large background stamp and adding color with Distress Ink. It took me several tries to get it right, I used a couple of papers that just didn't work. But these worked just fine and I really like this technique! The background stamp is from Hero Arts, as is the sentiment. I added a Papertrey butterfly (colored with Copics) and a couple of Hero Arts pearls.
This was actually my first attempt. I thought it was a bit too busy at first, but I let it sit overnight, and when I came back to it this morning I liked it a lot better. Same Hero Arts background stamp, and the sentiment is from JustRite. The decorative circle was cut using a My Favorite Things die. The paper is from a really old Papertrey paper pad - really old.
So there you have it. Homework completed for another day and time to move on to Day 3.