3/21/13

Pattern Play Homework - Day 2

So, here we are at Day 4 and I am 2 days behind in my homework. No worries, I will get caught up. I have learned a lot already and found ways to use things I already have, but wonder why I bought.

Jennifer showed us how to tone down the look of patterned paper by clear embossing a large background stamp and adding color with Distress Ink. It took me several tries to get it right, I used a couple of papers that just didn't work. But these worked just fine and I really like this technique! The background stamp is from Hero Arts, as is the sentiment. I added a Papertrey butterfly (colored with Copics) and a couple of Hero Arts pearls.


This was actually my first attempt. I thought it was a bit too busy at first, but I let it sit overnight, and when I came back to it this morning I liked it a lot better. Same Hero Arts background stamp, and the sentiment is from JustRite. The decorative circle was cut using a My Favorite Things die. The paper is from a really old Papertrey paper pad - really old.


So there you have it. Homework completed for another day and time to move on to Day 3.

8 comments:

  1. I'm missing a good class! Love the way this big background stamp looks over these printed papers, Jackie! I like the pink one best because the pattern shows through so nicely! Great work - you get an A+!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly card is absolutely beautiful! (Although I like the other one too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards look beautiful and I love your little extras on both cards. I have to get caught up also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also missing a great class. Love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed this technique. Your butterfly is the perfect touch for that first card. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are lovely. I've yet to try this technique. But what a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip on how to tone down loud papers. I bought an embossing heat gun recently. Look forward to using it again soon.

    Your cards are delicate and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.