4/3/13

Birthday cards

The other day I saw some really pretty cards on Pinterest that I just had to use for inspiration. My stash of birthday cards is empty, so that’s as good an excuse as any to get busy. The cards I saw used a Thank You stamp from Taylored Expressions and I needed birthday cards (and I don’t have that stamp), so I took some clear stamps from several different Hero Arts clear sets and composed one of my own on an acrylic block. In the process, I found that using stamps from one manufacturer is the key because they are all the same thickness – at least these were. If they are different thicknesses they won’t ink up properly. It took some adjusting and stamping on scrap paper to get the composition the way I wanted it, and I have left it on the block for now. I may try the same thing with some Thank You stamps. I do like the one at Taylored Expressions, though.
IMG_0077IMG_0078IMG_0079IMG_0080
IMG_0074
I used several different patterned papers, colored the cake and candles with Copic markers, and added Stickles to most of them. The last one has paper from an American Crafts 6 x 6 paper pad that I found at Target last week. Thanks to the Pattern Play class, I was able to actually combine several patterns successfully! I think I will enter the last one in the Simon Says Stamp blog challenge going on right now. You can’t win if you don’t enter, right?
Thanks for stopping by and I hope there is a little bit of Spring weather wherever you are. I’m still waiting on it to arrive.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm thinking all all those stamps in some of the sets I have that I never use. Grouping them together with some of my favorites is a fabulous idea. Looks like you got a great start on the birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant! What a great collective image you created combining several! I LOVE this idea and now you have me thinking about all the stamp sets I have that could be used this way! What a great inspiration. Love each and every one of the B-day cards you created. Pure genius! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous selection of cards Jackie, I love the soft pastels and the pretty sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our special 4th Birthday Celebration challenge.
    *Please remember to activate your link to us to qualify for the lovely prize Jackie, if you need any help with the links please email me & I'll send you a picture tutorial :) moominstacey@live.co.uk
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the block of sentiments. What a great way to mix and match. I love how you've used the same block to make multiple cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, Jackie! Has Derrick visited? He'd love this. Each is beautiful in its own right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.