4/19/13

Thanks

I’ve seen a couple of version of this card and have been meaning to give it a try myself. The first one I ever saw was here, on JJ Bolton’s blog. She has excellent instructions and it didn’t look too complicated. The other day I finally decided to give it a shot. I am not terribly good at reading the instructions before jumping in with both feet, so I probably made it more difficult than it should have been. Next time I think I will print out her instructions, read them, and go from there. I will use a more open image, too. Looking at this one straight on it’s hard to see the letters in the center.

The stamp is by Avery Elle, from the Very Vintage Greetings set, and I stamped it with Hero Arts Bubble Gum ink – I love that color!

IMG_0086

I made 2 of those and decided to use the negative part of the die cut for a different look. I don’t care for the embossed ridge around the letters but I don’t think there’s a workaround for it. The dies are from Papertrey (I think), or they could be Memory Box, I’m not sure. I didn’t label them when I got them, sorry.

IMG_0085

I just added some patterned paper pieces from a Lawn Fawn paper pad behind each letter and secured them with some regular Scotch tape. The butterflies are punched from the same papers using a couple of Martha Stewart punches.

If all goes well, I am in Colorado right now – probably freezing my toes off, but having a wonderful time with my son and his new wife. I will post photos of the wedding when I get home.

3 comments:

  1. Love them both, Jackie! I can see the center letters just fine on your beautiful first card! Love the bright colors you used for the negative space on your second! Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful. The first one is my favorite.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! When looking at the first card without reading, I was sure that the word "thanks" was embossed after the image was stamped. I was so surprised to read what it actually was. Great job on it! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.