5/28/13

One more hexagon card

I saw this card on Swanlady’s Flickr photostream and I was in love. I don’t know if it was the purple or the hexagons, but I knew I wanted that die and stamp set. It turned out that it was an exclusive Hero Arts and Archiver’s set (I looked for it just now and I don’t see it on their website anymore) but I found it and now it’s mine, all mine…. bwhahahah. Ahem. Sorry.

I tried for hours to duplicate her card, using different papers and colors and stamps…but I could NOT get it right. So, I did something completely different. I stamped all of the hexagons in a light color ink, so it would be easier to place the die cut pieces, and left one open in which to stamp the greeting (Hero Arts). Some of the pieces are popped up on foam tape for a bit of added dimension. A couple of the hexagons are not perfectly placed, but hey – it’s handmade, whaddaya want? Perfection? Yeah, me, too. Imperfection is good, too, sometimes.

IMG_0014

I liked it so much, I made two of them. I just used different paper, so I didn’t take a photo of it. This paper is from an American Crafts 6 x 6 paper pad I found at Target.

Thanks for stopping by – please feel free to leave a comment. I love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. I really like these hexagon cards you have been making. They are beautiful and I guess the possibilities for patterns, color schemes, etc. are truly endless! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner! And I not only heard that evil laugh, but i could envision you rubbing your hands together. Well played!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice, I just started cutting Hexagon fabric pieces for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.