5/21/13

Rumors of my disappearance…

are highly exaggerated. I’ve been busy writing replies to letters, making cards, doing laundry, cleaning windows, letting the kitties out, letting the kitties in – good times.

I made a birthday card today that took more than a couple of hours, but I can’t show it to you yet. It goes in the mail tomorrow and I don’t want to spoil the surprise. I can show you this, though.

The wedding card I made for Geoffrey and Lauren. Since they weren’t having a traditional wedding, I decided to make a non-traditional card. I love this verse (Hampton Art Stamps) and I thought about doing it in black and white, but decided colorful was more fun, and more suited to the happy couple.

IMG_0001

I colored over the words with Copic markers, using the chisel tip end. I think that’s the first time I have ever used that end of the marker. We won’t talk about how many tried it took to get it right, ok?? It looks simple enough, I know. It’s not.

Here is the inside (Verses Rubber Stamps):

IMG_0007

They liked it :-)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, Jackie! Yes, LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card will be a treasure, for sure. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very pretty and I know they will cherish it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Now I NEED those sentiments.

    And I believe you with the attempts with the chisel end of the marker. *nods, knowingly* Totally worth the effort. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.