7/26/13

One more…with stamping

So, I saw this card and since I have the Air Mail stamp set from Avery Elle, I decided to make this. Yes, it is another one of my letter cards. And yes, it will be a PITA to write on the back side of this - but that’s just the way it goes. Maybe I’ll just leave that page blank.

DSCN4208

I colored the paper airplanes with a Copic marker, stamped the Hero Arts “hello” in Hero Arts Butter Bar mid tone ink, and die cut it with the Hero Arts speech bubble (there’s that phrase again) die. The chevrons are from another Avery Elle Set, called To The Point. I love their stamps, and for those of you with a Silhouette machine they provide cut files for most, if not all, of their stamp sets! Great job, Avery Elle!

I added a couple of black dots from a really old set of epoxy dots that probably came from a scrapbook store in Mooresville which closed several years ago. I’d love to find some more black ones. I guess now they are called enamel dots, but they’re the same thing. Enamel, epoxy… just make them in black, please. I have some of the Ranger Enamel Accents in black, but I am not about to try and plop those onto a finished card only to have them come out in a big glob and ruin the whole thing! I didn’t fall off of the banana truck yesterday, my friends. They usually work pretty well, but I know better than to tempt the stamping gods.

I think another hexagon card is in order soon….and maybe one made with the MFT Blueprints 1 die set that I haven’t used yet. Hmmmm. Stay tuned….

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, another nice set. And yeah, I hear you with the Enamel Accents on a finished card. Maybe make some on a piece of wax paper and use the ones that come out okay?

    PS: Who writes that much on a card? I barely get past the one side, much less slop over to the back of the card front. #lazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment on here yesterday, but had no luck. Blogger was in a snit, I think. Anyway, good call on the dots. I found some dots in the clearance bin at Ben Franklin's in Kannapolis. I may have gotten them all, not sure. You can never have too many dots. I love how this card turned out. Beautimous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There! Great card and I so admire your patience in coloring all those little paper airplanes. I've missed visiting you!! Hope you are well. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.