9/14/13

Birds on a Wire

I made a similar card back in June and I needed some card fronts for my card/letters, so I just CASEd my own design and changed it up a bit. That’s much easier than coming up with a completely NEW design. Lazy? Me?? Ummmm……yeah.

DSCN4293

I added tiny black dots with a Micron pen for eyes on the birds and on this one I drew in some itty bitty bird legs. It occurred to me (after making 2 of them) that birds are usually standing on the wires rather than sitting. Duh!

DSCN4291

No eyes and no legs - obviously physically challenged birds on this wire. But they are colorful and cute, and maybe no one will notice that they are blind and legless.

DSCN4292

The birds are made with a Memory Box die called Resting Birds and the speech bubble is a stamp and die from Hero Arts. The wire is made with a black Memento marker - and a ruler. One of my hand drawn lines without using a ruler would mean the poor little blind, legless birds would be wobbling about on a really wonky wire and we don’t want that, do we? Maybe they’re not blind or legless after all, maybe they’re just napping - resting, as in the name of the die set, Resting Birds. That’s what they’re doing. I feel better about it now, thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I often do the same thing, Jackie.....love your rainbow of birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! What a fun and funny post. As for your blind and legless birds, you know what they say, "Birds of a feather flock together". LOL I have this die and have not used it yet. What I great inspiration to do so. Hope all is well in your world! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blind, legless birds on a wonky wire? Um, yeah, I wold so do that. I think I bought this die because of you , and now I shall use it to CASE your card.

    PS: Sky? HA background die? Paper?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.