12/17/13

Merry Christmas

More die cutting and layering going on here. The Merry was cut with my Silhouette and has 3 layers, the tree is the Taylored Expressions Trim the Tree die and the sections of the tree were layered on top of the solid tree. I added a folded glue dot under the bottom edge to make the layers raised for some dimension. This die is to Christmas what the Impression Obsession Halloween Hill die is to Halloween. I will probably be using this one for years to come.

The Christmas is an Elizabeth Crafts die and I was not about to add layers to that one, it would have been way too tedious. The backgrounds are Papertrey dies from a couple of years ago. I really like the look of the kraft against the red card stock. I sponged a little Tea Dye Distress Ink on the edges of the kraft strip. These are another series of 12, 6 with one background and 6 with the other.

DSCN4415

DSCN4429

DSCN4416

I tried to keep most of the cards as flat as possible, no gems, pearls, or ribbon, so they would go through the postal machinery and not get destroyed. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.