2/1/14

I stamped!

At last, Diane, right? :-) Inside, joke, sorry.

I was inspired by several bloggers to buy this die. The last one - the one that put me over the edge was this post by Laura Bassen - Hero Arts Triangle Background Die. Brenda at Stamper’s Alley was kind enough to order the die and also the coordinating stamp, Tiny Flags, for me and today I made 2 cards using this wonderful die. If any of my readers are local, there may be a couple of dies left in stock at Stamper’s Alley!

The first rendition is done exactly the same way as the inspiration piece. I colored the background with Copic markers and layered 2 of the die cuts together for a bit of dimension. In retrospect, I should have made the sentiment a bit smaller - next time I will keep that in mind.

DSCN4499

For the second one I cut strips of card stock and layered them onto a piece of white card stock, then added the die cut on top. Just one layer this time, though, it was already thick enough. I popped both sentiments up on foam adhesive - and again, I should have made the sentiment a little smaller. It totally blocks the orange row.

DSCN4498

You can see the different between one die cut (on the left) and 2 of them layered together (on the right). It does make a difference.

DSCN4502DSCN4504

Next time I may try her other version, cutting lots of different colored triangles and placing them into the die. Dixie has made a beautiful card using that technique on her blog - What’s Next? I would also like to thank Ms. Dixie for inspiring me to find and use my Perfect Layers tools. I bought them several years ago (ok, more than several) and they lay unused in a drawer until just recently. They make getting an even edge of layering really easy. I’m not sure who sells them now, but Google it and buy them - you won’t regret it.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE these and love what Laura did with the die too. I must order it soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cards they are so colorful and cheery to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!! You’re back!! I love your take on the triangles. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow and the CASE. I might need to CASE it myself. :)

    And all those tiny triangles? Maybe not. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.