12/18/14

Christmas Cards…at last!

Nothing like waiting until the last minute…again. All of my cards went in the mail yesterday and I hope they arrive in time, especially the ones going overseas. Whew! Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

I tried to use all of the new sets and dies I bought this year, and I did pretty well. There weren’t that many, actually. My wish list was a mile long, but budget constraints got in the way. There was only one set that I didn’t use and I will save it for next year.

Most of the designs were inspired by cards I found on blogs and Pinterest, and I will post links to those. Embossing powder, glittery paper, glitter washi tape, and the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen all got quite a workout this year.

ANYway…here you go. Cards. With kitties. Inspired by this card on Julia’s blog.

DSCN0215DSCN0216DSCN0217DSCN0218DSCN0224

They are all colored with Copic markers. I had high hopes for stripes and spots on these cats, and even a black-ish kitty, but it’s not as easy as it looks. Cats are hard to color without them looking flat and lifeless. I’m sure Sandy Allnock could make them pop right off of the page, but I’m not that talented. I guess I need to review my Copic classes and practice a LOT more.

The image is a digital one from Gerda Steiner Designs. I printed it on Neenah Solar White, because that’s the only weight cardstock I have that will go through my printer. I prefer the Hammermill Digital Copy Cover or the Mohawk Color Copy Cover, but they were 100# and got stuck in the printer. I know many people like the Neenah, but I have trouble with it.

I will post more over the next few days. I hope you are all have a wonderful holiday season and are ready for Santa!

3 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful, Jackie, and their recipients will be thrilled! Looking forward to seeing what else you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable kitty, and your coloring is great! I like how you've made them all different, and the cards are just enough different to keep you sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, as usual. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.