12/18/14

Guitar Birthday

My son’s birthday was earlier this month and since he is an awesome guitarist, I though a guitar shaped card would be perfect. I found this one on Pinterest and gave it a try. I won’t say it was easy, but it turned out pretty well. I totally forgot to take a photo before I mailed it and the strings didn’t fare too well through the mail, but here’s how it looked when he received it.

IMG_0628

The strings were tight when it went into the envelope. They are just thread and I had a hard time figuring out how to string the guitar. I am not sure I will ever make another one of these, but if I do I will string them down to the brads rather than up from them. Any ideas?

Oh look, there are his guitars on the wall in the background.

Anyway, he loved it and I had fun making it for him. That’s all that counts, right?

1 comment:

  1. What a SUPER card! I'm sure he loves the effort you took to make it special.

    As for the strings, do they wrap around the card, or just the fret piece? If they go around the back of the card, I can see why they might loosen up, but if you wrapped them tightly around the top piece, I'd think they'd stay put.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.