12/23/14

This is the end…

of the Christmas cards, anyway.

Jennifer McGuire is a genius. I love her work and when I saw this card on her blog I knew I had to try it. The stencil used for this one is a big round stencil, one I would not have given a second look. She saw potential in it and used it for Christmas trees! Brilliant! This was so easy and quick to make. Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink for the trees, Wild Honey for the star. I die cut a star from a piece of lightweight cardstock and used that as the stencil. Tumbled Glass Distress Ink for the hills, and an old Hero Arts stamp for the sentiment, stamped in red pigment ink and embossed with clear powder.

DSCN0213

I made a shaker card! I only hope it survives the postal machines. I added some seed beads from my stash for the shaker part. The penguin stamp is by Stampendous, a 50% off Michael’s purchase last week. The patterned paper is from the Doodlebug Designs Frosty Friends 6 x 6 paper pad. The Merry Christmas stamp is from Clearly Besotted. I added a few sequins using Micro Glue Dots.

DSCN0200

Same stamps and paper, but no shaking going on here. The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink.

DSCN0234

That’s it for me this Christmas. I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cards this year. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year! I will be spending New Year’s in Ohio with my awesome daughter and precious grandson. I can’t wait! Be prepared for more adorable grandson photos in January :-)

6 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed seeing your Christmas cards, Jackie! Enjoy your time with your family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a shaker card! That's on my to-do list. I've enjoyed seeing all your cards this holiday season. Thanks for sharing them. Merry Christmas to you, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have enjoyed seeing your Christmas cards! And yep, that Jennifer is a genius - such a great idea for using a stencil.

    I solve the "will it mail" issue by adding more postage and asking for it to be hand-canceled. If you add the postage and drop it in the bin, it won't necessarily get hand-canceled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a group of super fun holiday designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure love these creations, Jackie, and hope to see you post again soon! I am happy to be your newest follower and look!! Congratulations on 100 followers!! That was fun to be #100! I hope you will join my side bar followers, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.