12/22/15

At last...Christmas cards

Every year I promise myself I won’t procrastinate, and every year it’s the same thing - last minute rush to get the cards made. Why do I do this to myself?? Next year I am starting early, I swear. Well, maybe early-ish, at least.

My cards went in the mail yesterday and I’m sure some of them won’t make it before Christmas, but it’s the thought that counts, isn’t it? I apologize in advance for the poor lighting. It was late and I was tired, and these had to go postal the next morning.

I tried to channel Laura Bassen and I’m not sure I succeeded. I think these turned out well, though.



I liked those Hero Arts triangular trees so much that I moved on to making them a bit sparkly.
I embossed them onto foiled cardstock (using a LOT of anti-static powder) and cut them out. The sentiment is embossed in white. The messy thread nest was a PITA to do, so I only made 2 of those. I have since found a better thread to use, courtesy of Laura Bassen. I’ve watched her videos and the thread comes off the spool in neat little circles, unlike this stuff, which seems determined to drive me mad. I emailed her to ask which thread she used, and she kindly replied with the brand and description - Coats S990 metallic thread. Off to Joann’s I went yesterday and came home with 2 spools - gold and silver. Ha! Take that, annoying DMC thread!

Sparkly and glittery washi tape separates the trees and the sentiments on these cards.




I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your channelling of Laura worked perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.