5/31/16

More Watercolors

I have been on a watercoloring kick lately. This is addictive, I tell you! I’ve tried Distress Ink, Gamsai Tambi, Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, Tombow markers, and even my neglected Twinkling H2Os. The Zig CCB Markers were my least favorite.

All of these images were stamped and embossed on Ranger watercolor cardstock. I have several other brands, but the Ranger is bright white and the colors look so much better on it.

This one was colored with Distress Inks – Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet for the flowers, and probably Crushed Olive with a little Forest Moss for the leaves. I got brave and flicked a little watered down Aged Mahogany with a paintbrush! I’m always afraid of ruining the whole thing that way, but it worked out this time. Whew!



I love the SSS Antique Gold embossing powder. It gives some pretty shine without being too in-your-face.



Twinkling H2Os on this one. It’s been SO long since I used them, but I will be using them more often, I think. I love the way this turned out, just a subtle shimmer and shine. No Wink of Stella needed. If you still have these, get them out and show them some love – you won’t regret it.
2016-05-30 14.43.49

It’s hard to capture the shimmer in a photograph, but it’s there.

2016-05-30 14.44.35

This one (WPlus9 Dahlia) was colored with Tombow markers that I scribbled on an acrylic block. I used a waterbrush and colored with them the same way as with the Distress Inks and H2Os. The colors are a little softer, but I love the effect. I think I need more colors.




Once again, I used the SSS Antique Gold embossing powder. Love that stuff!


Thanks for stopping by and I’d love to hear what your favorite watercolors are and also your favorite watercolor paper. Just click the Comment button below and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are just gorgeous Jackie!! Next time we get together, I'm going to need some watercolor lessons. I still have my TwinklingH2o's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, girl! You are rocking the watercolors! That antique gold powder was the perfect choice. These cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.